Egg Drop Soup
A Chinese classic, the direct translation of the name is actually egg flower soup, because the egg creates swirls in a flower-like pattern in the soup. It is a simple, heartwarming soup that is great to have with rice, bread or even by itself and soothing to the stomach.
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1 clove of garlic grated
- 1 tsp of ginger finely diced
- 1/2 tbsp of white of the spring onion
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste
- 1 tsp of CSR Coarse Sugar
- 2.5 cups of chicken stock
- 1.5 tbsp of cornstarch + 1.5 tbsp of chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- Some spring onion for garnish
- Saute garlic, onions, tomatoes in a saucepan. Add sugar to caramelise the vegetables.
- Once the tomato softens, add chicken stock.
- Once it boils, add cornstarch mix to thicken the soup.
- Beat the eggs and slowly add it to the soup while stirring to create the swirl effect.
- Add salt to taste. Serve with spring onion to garnish.