Lemon chicken is the name of several dishes found in cuisines around the world which include chicken and lemon. In Canadian Chinese cuisine, it usually consists of pieces of chicken meat that are sautéed or deep-fried and coated with a thick, sweet lemon-flavored sauce. The Chinese restaurant of the Panda Hotel in Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong, used to serve its version of Lemon Chicken with the chicken pieces coated in batter, then rolled in almond slivers and deep-fried and served with the lemon-glaze sauce.
Ingredients (Chicken stew):
- Chicken thighs (dice)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp salted soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- zip-loc bags
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of Low G Sugar CSR
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp of salted soy sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- Lemon sliced
- Sesame Seeds
- Onion leaves
- Marinate chicken with eggs, soya sauce, and peppers for 30 minutes.
- Put the chicken into the zip-lock bag and put the corn flour
- Shake until the chicken is covered with flour. Fry until golden.
- For sauces, boil the chicken stock and add honey, sugar, lemon juice, salted soy sauce, salt, and sliced lemon
- Let it simmer until sauce is thick
- Serve chicken with lemon sauce, garlic, and sesame leaves