Making ice cream typically involves not only a machine but more than a day of preparation; the plastic-bag method simplifies things and makes up for more than a little fun with the kids. Be sure to have CSR Caster Sugar on hand for a smoother, richer texture!
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons CSR Caster sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups ice
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- Toppings of your choice
- In a small Ziploc bag, combine half-and-half, sugar and vanilla. Push out excess air and seal.
- Into a larger Ziploc bag, combine ice and salt.
- Place small bag inside the bigger bag and shake vigorously, 7 to 10 minutes, until ice cream has hardened.
- Remove from bag and enjoy with your favorite ice cream toppings.