Bubur Kacang Hijau is dessert with a Southeast Asian touch guaranteed to satisfy your need for a sweet fix. With pandan leaves, sago, and coconut milk bringing out the flavour, add in CSR Caster Sugar for the full experience.
- 1/2 cup dried mung beans
- 1 litre water
- 2 pandan leaves
- 3 slices ginger
- 2 tablespoons pearl sago
- 3 tablespoons chopped palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons CSR Coarse Sugar
- 125ml thick coconut milk
- Rinse the mung beans well and place them in a saucepan with the water and pandan leaves. Bring to the boil and simmer on medium heat until the beans are tender, about 30 minutes. If using ginger, add now.
- Stir in the pearl sago and continue to simmer until the sago is translucent. Add the 2 types of sugar and salt, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add the coconut milk and gently bring up to the boil. Turn off the heat. Serve the mung bean porridge hot or warm.