Ayam Masak Merah; or red-cooked chicken in English, is a common dish found in Malay food eateries. It is a casserole of chicken pieces in tomato.
- 1/2 chicken
- 1 cup of coconut milk (optional)
- CSR natural brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 red onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cm of ginger
- 2 cm of galangal
- 1 clove of turmeric
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, thinly sliced
- 10-12 dried chilies (remove seeds and boiled)
- 1 yellow onion (thinly slice)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 stalk of curry leaves
- Cut the chicken into medium bite size.
- Add salt and turmeric, mix it well. Fry the chicken until half cooked.
- In another pan, add 1 tbs of oil and cooked all sauté ingredient. Stir fry it well.
- Then add blended ingredients and cook it until fragrant.
- Add in chicken, coconut milk (optional) and stir it until the gravy is boiled and slightly thicken.
- Finally add some salt and CSR brown sugar for seasoning.
- Ayam masak merah ready to serve.